Meet Minneapolis: Content Activation
Meet Minneapolis focuses on increasing branding, travel consideration and visitation to its destination for leisure, convention and meeting markets. The goal for its content activation campaign was to drive new visitors to the organization’s website in key feeder markets to a defined target audience of families, culinary travelers, sports and outdoor enthusiasts. The CVB partnered with Connect Travel to create compelling content articles distributed on custom travel, outdoor, entertainment, and social media sites to drive traffic back to its website during a season campaign.
Connect Travel’s content team worked with the staff at Meet Minneapolis to draft a content strategy come up with a series of stories based on seasonality that targeted different segments of travelers at different times of the year. Article headlines were served on brand safe sights to the right audience at the right time for travel planning throughout the year. In addition, Meet Minneapolis wanted to track click-out rates to partners included in the content stories.
• More than 100,000 visitors to the Meet Minneapolis site as a result of this campaign
• More than 90 percent of visitors were new to the site
• Average time on page was 2X the site average
• Time on site for content stories averaged 4:41 to 6:20
• Content pages had a 9.4% CTR and drove more than 50,727 clicks to partner sites
• Year over year site traffic is up nearly 20%, building on a huge growth the previous year